Beardie Bathroom Habits

Status
Not open for further replies.

esieber06

How often do adult beardies go to the bathroom? I have had Leslie since she was about 3 months old and she is now 3 1/2. For the past 2ish years she only goes to the bathroom about once month. When she goes it is completely normal looking, though the urates may be a little hard. It doesn't smell or anything.

She did have coccidia about a year and a half ago. She was treated with medication from the vet. Since then she became a very picky eater. For a long time she wouldn't touch a cricket. She now eats supers and hornworms, and occasionally crickets. She gets a fresh salad daily, either Kale or Collard greens and whatever else produce i have on hand. She may nibble at it if I am lucky, but only after it has sat there forever. She gets insects weekly or twice a week, dusted at least one of those feedings.

Other than only pooping about once a month she seems healthy. She is alert, likes to be out if her cage, and doesn't seem like anything is bothering her. After reading some other information on their bathroom habits, I am questioning if I should be concerned or not!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sometimes that happens where they are not consistent w going poop--- here is a website for nutrition
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
I would order her some dubia roaches and see if she goes for them she may be tired of crickets - I would also get her some silk worms -
www.dubiaroaches.com
www.reptilianarts.com if you order in bulk they will come small like 50 make sure you order food and clean containers out daily -- you can order by the cup they do come w/ food -
She needs to stay hydrated -- that has alot w/ pushing the poop thru--- so you can wash or rinse your salads before serving
She needs variety of food - you can try some raw shredded sweet potato on the salads that will keep her regular
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom