EMERGENCY Beardie's Mouth Open & Black beard/seizure like

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The UVB is too far away from him for T 8 ---- it needs to be inside the tank w/ no plastic cover over the bulb it needs to be exposed and 6-8 inches from the basking decor--
You need to find a vet --- call around or use the links I posted -- they are global so its going to find one in Canada --- or do both use the links and call --- find out if they have experience w/ bearded dragons and how long they have had experience w/ them --- but you need to get him into the vet ---
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today, has he improved at all?
I hope you are able to find a vet to take him to! Please keep us posted on him, we are all
pulling for him.

Tracie

kalethebeardie

Original Poster
Hello!

My beardie has been doing a little better these past 2 days. He's been resting and he no longer has his mouth open. He's still a little lethargic and a little stressed, but his eyes can open now. We weren't able to bring him to a vet as I contacted a lot and none of them were taking in new clients and there are very few around my area.

We are just letting him rest as much as he can and thank you for all your help and support!

I will keep you posted over the next week on how he is doing! I also found that his neck on the right side does a little shaky thing. Do you think its related to calcium?

Hopefully he will poo and eat soon!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I'm glad to hear your dragon is doing a little better! You weren't able to find a vet that was
open or taking new clients?
How much does the neck muscle twitch, all of the time or just sometimes? That might just
be a vitamin B issue from not enough nutrition, possibly but not sure.
Is he basking any right now?
Definitely keep us posted on him.

Tracie

kalethebeardie

Original Poster
I wasn't able to find a vet that was taking on new clients :(

I notice that his neck does twitch pretty often. Is it maybe because of his diet? He basked yesterday and this morning he's feeling a little better as well. It's also his birthday today!

He pooped yesterday, which I'm very glad he did, but it was rather runny and there was A LOT, possibly because he hadn't pooped in such a long time.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, I am not too surprised you weren't able to find a vet taking new clients.
How is he doing today?
They will often have larger stools, if they don't go to the bathroom often. If he seems to
get impacted or a little dehydrated, you can add a little more vegetation or oral fluids to
his diet to help move things through more quickly.
Are his urates hard or chalky?
Do you give a vitamin supplement for him?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom