Fussy BD or Something more worrying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardedRonda

Original Poster
Sorry Karrie, there is 22" strip light which is the 10% bulb which runs the full length of the tank above the glass door.
We then have a spotlight that now is supposed to provide UVB which is directly above her basking rock, approx 6inches.

Are you saying that the strip light should be directly above her basking rock as well as the spot light?

The reflector I have ordered is for the 22" strip light.

Thank you again for all your help.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
A spotlight? Brand and bulb please and wattage I may need to enlist some help w/ this bulb --- 6 " is pretty close watch those temps --- you dont want to burn her up--- and yes the UVB should be directly above her so she can get directly underneath the bulb it does not necessarily need to be by the basking bulb it does help but if not possible she will go to the light she needs -- she needs to be able to get underneath it to bask --- the reflector is going to direct the UVB rays downward to her so she can absorb them -- it also intensifies them as well --
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thats fine but I still need the wattage and the brand of the bulb
:)
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok she looks good -- the UVB looks like she can get directly under it - you want that distance to be 6-8 inches from her tho - so get a basking piece of decor under it for the 10% bulb or swap out that bulb for a 12% and have decor 12-15 inches from it - the basking bulb is a good one but I dont understand why its giving off that yellowish tint --- maybe its the mercury vapor -- your humidity is good --- so after the reflector comes get your UVB issue situated and see what she does then --
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry your dragon is still giving you grief! They are really good at that.
Any improvements today so far?
If you do take her to the vet, let us know how things go.
The lighting looks good but maybe the reflector will help out!
Did she enjoy her outdoor sunshine? They usually love getting some nice bright sun!

Tracie

BeardedRonda

Original Poster
I think we may have had a breakthrough.

We left her alone for a few hours this morning with some small mealworms in her bowl, and few hours later there were 8 less than what we left.

I have had a good look around and cannot see that they have escaped the bowl and found a hiding place, I would like to think I would spot 8 of them.

Have taken the bowl out now with the ones she has left.

I will do the same again this afternoon and see if she does the same.

Fingers crossed we have cracked it.

Will keep you posted.

Thank you Tracie and Karrie for all your help here.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Once that UVB has been placed over her w/ the reflector you should see a huge improvement in her behavior over all -- keep us posted please
Karrie

BeardedRonda

Original Poster
Thanks Karrie,

Latest update this morning has not shown any interest in any food this morning.
But has past a nice big toilet, which can only be a good thing.

Will try again this afternoon with some worms, hopefully the reflector should arrive today.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok good - at least shes going to the bathroom - that reflector should help - have you gotten her outside for some UVB?
Karrie

BeardedRonda

Original Poster
About to do that now Karrie.
She has also just eaten about 10 mealworms.
The reflector arrived this morning and has been installed, I also moved the strip light with the reflector to the middle of the tank and she sits in her hammock under that light now.
Fingers crossed we have turned a corner now.
Can't thank you enough for your help, and Tracie.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok well keep us posted --- offer her salads and some protein like crickets dubias or silk worms -- she should start eating more if this was the issue --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom