Please help i think tito might be dying :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicoleVanUnen

Original Poster
Thank you so much for responding. They couldn't prescribe anything yet until his bloodwork comes back. She said that with mbd he could have bad kidneys in which case the parasite meds would kill him. So the results should be back today and then she's calling me so we can make a treatment plan. She did say though that if his kidneys are bad the best choice would be to put him down. But she is hopeful that his kidneys will be ok. In the mean time i did keep his tank at 85 since hes bern sick during the night. What temp at night would you suggest as i dont really know what im doing. Do you have a medicine youd suggest is best for treating the parasites? Id just like all the info possible for making my decisions on his treatment.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is Tito doing today? Did the vet get back with you?
We can direct you for treatment once you find out what the ailment is. Hopefully he will give
you results with specific counts, too.
Usually I recommend Ponazuril/Toltrazuril for coccidia & for deworming Panacur is mostly
used for that. Is he eating anything right now?
I hope his kidneys are doing well also, bless him!

Tracie

NicoleVanUnen

Original Poster
His bloodwork came back showing advanced cancer which she'd never seen in such a young dragon. We had to put him to sleep as he really was suffering. Yesterday was a very hard day. I do know we did all we could for him and im grateful we had him for the end of his short life. Atleast he got to know the comfort of a loving home and yummy food. The vet and i were shocked it was cancer. She is the only certified reptile vet in Arizona and im confident she knew what she was doing. We do plan on getting another beardie here in the future that is healthy. But tito will always hold a very special place in our hearts.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am so sorry :cry: --- yes I know you were a good mom to him ---- atleast Tito knew that he had been taken in by someone who loved him --- and he got to experience that before he left this earth
Karrie

NicoleVanUnen

Original Poster
Im just so grateful for everyones help on here with my journey to help tito. It was a group effort. You all are so kind. If only we could teach people somehow before they get a beardie all that they need to be healthy. No it probably wouldn't have prevented his cancer. But mbd is so very sad and so easily prevented.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
I am so sorry. I truly am, I was so impressed by how you rescued him in the shape he was in and went so far as to call the bulb company...you really did your best, but I know hearing that doesn't take away the sorrow.
I am glad Tito got to know your love before his short time on earth ended.

NicoleVanUnen

Original Poster
Thank you that really means so much to me. ❤ i really did all i could. Ill never forget his first ever green hornworm. Lol he just loved them for treats!! I know we gave him some happiness and thats what matters.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, I am so sorry Tito had cancer, geez, how awful for you both. :cry: There are so many
dragons developing cancer. I am sorry you lost him.
At least he was not alone & had you with him so he could feel love.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom