Signs of injured beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
I picked up my beardie's hiding spot tonight. One arm had blueberry to feed him, and when i picked up the hiding spot, which was made of rock, part of it swung down and bonled my dragon on the nose. He was inside it resting, so his whole body was prone.

I got him out of the tank and fed him. He ate three quarters of a big blueberry, which is a lot for him, then I gave him a quick bath and he swam around as normal. All limbs are working, he seems to be moving just fine, how could I tell if he was injured? He didn't gibe3me a black bears or anything like that.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like he is fine, but as Karrie said, just keep an eye on him & watch to be sure he
isn't limping, become lethargic, black beard, etc. He should be good though.

Tracie

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":2b1z5lr9 said:
Hello,

It sounds like he is fine, but as Karrie said, just keep an eye on him & watch to be sure he
isn't limping, become lethargic, black beard, etc. He should be good though.

Tracie

He doesnt seem to be limping. What would be lethargic?
He didnt eat this morning but thats not unusual, he often is lazy in the morning.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
lethargic is no energy -- not moving around - not basking - try feeding your normal times - keep an eye on his eating - you know your dragon and his behavior just make sure nothing is out of the ordinary
Karrie

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":8uft4x14 said:
lethargic is no energy -- not moving around - not basking - try feeding your normal times - keep an eye on his eating - you know your dragon and his behavior just make sure nothing is out of the ordinary
Karrie

He is holding his head up, perhaps even highet than he normally does. Is that bad?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No --- that is good - you dont want him looking like hes sulking ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom