Bearded Dragon Body and Beard Darker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1lxy7bvk said:
Could be-- no head shaking - usually that's calcium defiency-- just watch his behavior and his poops- that will tell you alot-- poops should be formed moist and dark - urate- formed moist and white- not chalky and dry
Karrie

Sorry, just to clarify, do,you think he has MBD or just calcium deficiency or neither?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I don't think either-- what did the vet tell you? Did they run any test? Blood work? If you post some pics of him ----body head shots etc so we can see him-- Tracie can look at him and see what she thinks
Karrie

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":18s8v75w said:
I don't think either-- what did the vet tell you? Did they run any test? Blood work? If you post some pics of him ----body head shots etc so we can see him-- Tracie can look at him and see what she thinks
Karrie

They ran bloodwork and it came back clean.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If you can post the results of the blood work so Tracie can look at it she can tell you more-- calcium levels should be on there as well
Karrie

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":18sdxjvu said:
If you can post the results of the blood work so Tracie can look at it she can tell you more-- calcium levels should be on there as well
Karrie

I will ask the vet to send them - he said there was no problem.

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
105535-2239772817.jpg
KarrieRee":3gy540be said:
Karrie

The results are there. The vet isnt concerned, what do,you think?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things going with your dragon? The blood test does not look too bad actually.
It doesn't appear that there is any metabolic bone disease just basing that on the ionized
calcium reading & the C:p ratio looks pretty good.
The AST readings are in normal ranges too which is great news. So hopefully his liver is doing
well. The Uric acid readings are a little on the higher end. That doesn't necessarily mean any
thing or indicate gout, but it does need to be watched because it could mean the kidneys are
having some stress on them or maybe he is dehydrated.

Tracie

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":7skiar9f said:
Hello,

How are things going with your dragon? The blood test does not look too bad actually.
It doesn't appear that there is any metabolic bone disease just basing that on the ionized
calcium reading & the C:p ratio looks pretty good.
The AST readings are in normal ranges too which is great news. So hopefully his liver is doing
well. The Uric acid readings are a little on the higher end. That doesn't necessarily mean any
thing or indicate gout, but it does need to be watched because it could mean the kidneys are
having some stress on them or maybe he is dehydrated.

Tracie

Yesterday he pooped and the urate looked yellow, so I gave him a bath as he seemed dehydrated. Hiw can I give him more water?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Make sure his greens are washed before you serve --he will get moisture there - also you can feed water to him by syringe - little at a time and slow so he can drink it and not aspirate-- you can drop water on his nose to see if he will lick it off -- yellow urate? He isnt on any meds now right? Has he eaten anything yellow ? like peppers? Next time he goes to the bathroom take a pic of it and post if its yellow again --- I dont know if yellow squash would do that as I feed mine yellow squash and they dont have yellow urate --- also make sure the insects are gut loaded and are getting hydration as well -- carrots are good to feed the feeders as its alot of water for the staple feeder
Karrie

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":3fhlrze4 said:
Make sure his greens are washed before you serve --he will get moisture there - also you can feed water to him by syringe - little at a time and slow so he can drink it and not aspirate-- you can drop water on his nose to see if he will lick it off -- yellow urate? He isnt on any meds now right? Has he eaten anything yellow ? like peppers? Next time he goes to the bathroom take a pic of it and post if its yellow again --- I dont know if yellow squash would do that as I feed mine yellow squash and they dont have yellow urate --- also make sure the insects are gut loaded and are getting hydration as well -- carrots are good to feed the feeders as its alot of water for the staple feeder
Karrie

He was given medicine last week for a parasite. We have carrots we can give him!

I do let him lick water off his nose, I'll do that as well.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Which parasite medication was he given last week?
I agree, a good majority of the medications often do change or temporarily alter the color of
the urates.
You can also try dripping water or diluted apple, grape or cranberry juice onto his nose with
a plastic dropper or syringe for extra hydration.

I hope he is feeling better!
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom