Beardie not pooping!! maybe gravid? impaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

talktothetail

Hatchling Member
It’s been a hot second since I’ve been here. Basically, arrow hasn’t pooped for like 10 or so days now. She gets greens and worms every other day and is pretty healthy overall. The only visible issue is her eyes are sagging and she’s looks a little dehydrated but I’m working on it. For the past 4 days I’ve been giving her a couple drops of olive oil and baths for 15-20 minutes. Shes tried licking the bath water and scratching/ swimming and flicking her tail in it but no signs of poop. Her belly is big and seems to have soft-ish lumps inside of it?? Not sure if those are just her organs or not. She’s almost 2 years old and is 17 inches 380 grams. My bulbs are a 90 watt bulb from Home Depot as the warm and a reptisun 10.0 long tube uvb. her greens are dusted. I’m very confused why she will not poo, except that a few days before she stopped I have her a bunch of superworms (10/15ish) but I’ve done that before and had no issues.
Warm side is around 85, basking spot is 100F, cool side is 77-82ish. She’s in a 50 gallon.

Thanks

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Please post a few pictures of her along with her tank setup just so we can see her physical
condition.
If she could be impacted, you can try giving some canned pumpkin (without spices), sugar
free apple sauce or squash baby food mixed with olive or coconut oil, daily to help things
along.
It also could be that is developing eggs. A picture can help out. Has she been gaining some
weight recently?
Are you taking the temperatures in the tank with a digital probe thermometer or a temp gun?

Tracie

talktothetail

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi Tracie, here are the pictures you asked for. I use a digital thermometer gun for temperature. It doesn’t seem like she’s gained any weight or lost any weight. She does have quite the array of decorations in her tanks so I suppose she might’ve had a poop and I just haven’t seen it but that seems unlikely considering how smelly their poops can be.
95447-4792767693.jpg
95447-3869628017.jpg

Let me know if you need any more pictures
I’ll keep you updated
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom