Can't tell if sick or just panicking. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maku2002

I've had my girl, Cheezers :love5:, for a little over 4 months (March 24, 2019), but she's probably around 5-6 months old (15 inches long). She lives in a good, clean enclosure, and she gets outside time to bask in the sun (on a leash supervised of course). When it comes to pooping, she usually always went once a day or every two days, but all of a sudden she recently didn't go for about 3 days. I finally got her to poop by giving her a warm bath and rubbing her belly, and in about 3 minutes she released a big one. This was yesterday.

What worries me her new pooping schedule. It is 9:43 PM right now and she was first fed around 11:30 AM. She hasn't pooped yet today. She eats medium crickets in the morning (20-30), and she eats her salad for the rest of the day. Her salad is chopped up escarole, mustard greens, head lettuce (just for water), buttermilk squash (cut very small), and two small grapes (also cut very small). She doesn't always eat grapes though. She has always eaten this and it's been fine.

About a week ago, the power went out at my local petco (where I always have bought crickets) so I decided to go to a local non-franchise pet shop in my area called Critters (Allen Park, Michigan).

I am a little worried that maybe these crickets passed on parasite which is causing the irregular bowel movements, or maybe she has an internal problem causing impactions. I don't know if I'm just overreacting or if she might be sick. Please help.

- Brian

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Brian,

If I may, I do think you are just over reacting! :mrgreen:

As they get older, their BM's tend to take longer and longer. It sounds like she is very healthy and you have nothing to worry about!

Even if the crickets at the other place did have parasites, a normal healthy immune system will keep the parasite counts in check. Almost all dragons i'd say have some number of parasites, it's only when the numbers get out of hand that there is an issue!

So I wouldn't worry about it! :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom