104694-6158553166.jpg
104694-2548648366.jpg
104694-9330686684.jpg
104694-5213457793.jpg
104694-7642808733.jpg
104694-5125092198.jpg
104694-5373260328.jpg
104694-8509363569.jpg
It’s Been a week or a little more I been calling all over looking for a vet some say they don’t take bearded’s so I’m coming here for help I honestly don’t know what’s wrong with my bearded Neck I’m upload pictures and tank as soon as I know how put up the pictures I’m new ok my baby neck to me looks burn maybe it’s me and she drinks lots water but don’t eat if you look at it neck you see it don’t look right sorry first time before and after pictures of her neck thank you all I add new ones first let me say if you look at his neck in 6 one you see it white and in others it has a little black from me holding it but look close in one clear picture you see a black mark in the clear white beard and in two weeks it seem it spread I’m thinking it a burn but I’m no vet and I’m from New York City far rockaway so getting a vet to see a bearded is hard but I found one 2 hours away for Monday so thank you and I still would like to know what you guys and girls think

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Go to top of this page in banner click on user image uploader- down load pics- click on reply at top of message box click on XIMG --pics should post---
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok and what is it we are looking for? I am no vet but we do have a vet moderator on here and more experienced people that can help
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so after seeing the top pictures it looks like shes got some black bearding going on ---- please post pics of her tank and lighting -- it looked like a burn to me too --- how close can she get to her basking light ---?
Karrie

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
I wonder if the basking spot is too hot. From the pic, it looks pretty intense on the area directly under it. I'd recommend checking the surface temp there with an IR gun just to be on the safe side. Also, it looks like the back rocks are close enough that he could jump on the cage around the basking bulb. If he did, that might have done it if indeed this is a burn (I can't tell from the pics).

In the event this is a burn, rubbing some aloe gel (as in the sap from an aloe leaf, not an over-the-counter skin lotion) on the area probably wouldn't hurt. From other posts on this forum, it appears to be safe for helping to remove stuck sheds, and it's good on human skin for burns.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
KarrieRee":o7tt4ilp said:
Ok so after seeing the top pictures it looks like shes got some black bearding going on ---- please post pics of her tank and lighting -- it looked like a burn to me too --- how close can she get to her basking light ---?
Karrie

Not so sure if that's mild level BBing or just a shadow.

I can't see any issue if it's just the way the beard is shadowed in the image. I'd only be concerned if the BBing is constant.

If the OP can be more specific about his/her concern.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It looks like a combo of stress related black beard and going in to shed, nothing to worry about. :) A hot spot would not affect under the beard at all.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I just saw the top 2 pictures, didn't see those before for some reason. That definitely looks more like a burn or even a fungal infection. Where did you get him ?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Agreed those top pictures are new. It looks fungal to me so it's good that you got an appointment for Monday with a vet.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom