Status
Not open for further replies.
we brought my 9 year old girl to the vet today. They took her for an x-ray and she came back from the x-ray with suddenly sunken eyes and fat pads on her head which she had absolutely not had when we had first come in. I don't know what they did to her but her head had looked completely fine and those things had been something I had been very closely keeping an eye on and she was brought back looking half dead. They prescribed meloxicam and tramadol and after getting home we gave her a very small amount of meloxicam. She was already lethargic from an exhausting vet visit and I don't know if that alone or the meloxicam did it, but since then she has been completely passed out with severe gagging and coughing. We brought her back to check if she was reacting to the meloxicam and they didn't do anything but say keep an eye on her. All she's done is sleep almost completely unresponsive except for occasional severe gagging.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So sorry to read this, they should have given her a bit of activated charcoal to absorb the meds. that are making her so sick ! Metacam can have bad side effects like that and even seizures.
What was her initial visit and Xrays for and why did the vet prescribe the meds. ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Ah, I'm so sorry. :( How long has she had it and where is it ? How is she, did she make it last night ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, I am so sorry about your girl. :cry: Did she make it through the night?
Did they give her any metacam during the vet visit at all?
That particular medication have been known to cause side effects such as that. Have you
got any activated charcoal that you can get into her to help detox her system? Or a greens
slurry with parsley, cliantro, basil, mint & water to help flush her system out.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom