Poop not forming???

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardiekaaat

Hi guys!

Im concerned about my little guy (Philbert), his poops have not been forming properly like they used too and now theyre just a big spread out pile of mush. Looks like maybe he is not properly digesting???
Philbert is about 8months old, and is in a 40g tank, his basking spot is about 105, warm side is about 85-90, cooler side is 75ish, and humidity is kept around 30%, I have a waterbowl in his tank, mist his salad and him about once a day.
Ive attached a picture of his poop, if you have any ideas please let me know :)

Thanks!!
[GALLERY=media, 14061][/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 14060][/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 14059][/GALLERY]

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
His temps are good. What do you have in place for his UVB?

Sometimes they get upset stomachs and it could be due to a number of things. Has his diet changed at all recently? It often clears up on it's own after a few days but if it continues like that for more than a couple of weeks, it's probably worth taking a sample to the vet to check for parasites. They can also cause messy poop (usually for an extended period of time) and are usually treated pretty easily.

beardiekaaat

Original Poster
Thanks for ur reply! nothing has really changed, I did just get him a new terrarium, however his poop has been like this on n off for a while, I did get him from a petstore so perhaps there could be a parasite? I will schedule a vet appointment for the coming weeks :blob5:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's not harmful when it's diluted properly, but I usually remove my dragon before cleaning the tank. Give it about 10 min of contact time to do it's thing then wipe dry if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom