Baby Beardie Slowly Depleting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have a bearded dragon I’ve had for about a month it is a juvenile. He ate fine at first the slowly quit. It’s been about 2weeks since he’s eaten minus force feeding him small about of baby squash. I have a coil UVB And now understand that’s wrong.

Will this bulb work? I don’t have the light fixture for a long tube bulb. https://www.petsuppliesplus.com/sho...UVB-Desert-Mini-Compact-Fluorescent-Lamp/5212

Also, I’m going to get Zilla Jump-Start today. Is it worth it?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. That light is not any better. You definitely need a reptisun 10.0 T5. I bought a fixture and bulb that came with it. It's kinda pricy, but worth it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your baby doing, were you able to get a new UVB light yet? I hope he/she is feeling
better.
The Zilla jumpstart formula is pretty decent actually. Have you been using that daily for him?
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Just trying to get a handle on his size : photos of him , the setup and how much does he weigh NOW ?

I think you need to work through this very straightforward check list - is very likely the cause of his refusal to feed will jump out at you : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=236150&p=1815390#p1815390

If he's younger than 12 months old , going for more than a couple between meals of insect protein is bad. You may need to handfeed him his insects each day , here is how : viewtopic.php?f=18&t=235583

I'd reserve going to syringe feeding using a crop needle and special food slurries as a last resort. Refer to viewtopic.php?f=45&t=232687 if your reptile advises use of special critical care food mixes like Oxbow Critical Care Protein mix or VetaFarm HerpaBoost or VetaFarm CrittaCare Reptile mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom