Black spot on Beardie’s side

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveAndrew

This is Serana, my new bearded dragon. She’s a very happy and active girl. She’s about 7 months old. She eats crickets drinks plenty of water, and seems to be extremely healthy, but I noticed the other day she has this dark brownish blackish lump on her side. Been doing a bunch of reasearch and can’t find anything like it. I’m planning on going to get her all checked out anyway but I want to make sure I know what I’m walking into before I leap into things. Anyone have any ideas? Anything will be greatly appreciated

102633-4034817913.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there Steve, did it just appear overnite ? If so it may be a spot of dried poo, young active dragons get in to everything and sometimes they decorate themselves with poo. Try a warm soak and gently try to scrape at it with paper towel or toothbrush. I have a special toothbrush just for my beardies hanging near the sink in my cellar, every now + then they need a bit of a scrub. :)

BTW she is a bit on the small side for her age [ but she does look healthy ! ] How much do you feed her ?

SteveAndrew

Original Poster
She eats about 4 crickets a meal with the addition of palettes covered in multivitamins and calcium with vitamin D, 3 times a day. I’m not sure if it just appeared, due to the fact I hadn’t been paying attention to it, I tried to get it off once I noticed it but was to afraid of hurting her. She started shedding today so I don’t want to do anything that could hurt her. So as soon as she’s done, I’ll try a warm bath and see if it comes off. Thank you so much.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It will be good to soak her, that can soften it so if it's dried poo it will be easier to get off.

So you might want to bump up the number of crix you feed her so she can grow to a more average size for a 7 month old. Just add a few more crix to each meal, feed her twice a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom