Beardie keeps eyes closed all the time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rony

My beardie is 9 months old, and I have recently changed his tank substrate & bulbs. Im witnessing a strange behaviour, which I think is a serious one. The uvb bulb is an exo Terra 125 watt solar glo. Since I changed the bulb to this one, he keeps the eye which is facing to the light closed. I don’t know if the problem is that the light is too bright, but I think it’s something to be concerned about. Since I changed his uvb he is much active and energetic, but this behaviour has me concerned.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
You answered your own question.
The bulb is toooo close causing it to be to hot and, is irritating his eyes.
Personally I would never use one of those but to each their own. Only the very best for my dragon, I use the long tube type Arcadia T5 12%D3. You can also get the reptisun 10.0 T5 HO which is close to the same as the Arcadia. These combined with a basking light, it is easy to get your temps right!!!

Rony

Original Poster
Gormagon":m23opexn said:
Personally I would never use one of those but to each their own. Only the very best for my dragon, I use the long tube type Arcadia T5 12%D3. You can also get the reptisun 10.0 T5 HO which is close to the same as the Arcadia. These combined with a basking light, it is easy to get your temps right!!!

I will! In the meantime, would it be ok if I just put the bulb further away?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Rony":1iwcm48z said:
Gormagon":1iwcm48z said:

Yes, that would be a great idea!

Rony

Original Poster
Gormagon":2vo9hhr0 said:
Rony":2vo9hhr0 said:
Gormagon":2vo9hhr0 said:

Yes, that would be a great idea!

The bulb is now on the top, 50cm away from him. His eyes are still closed, but I guess this is because his eyes are irritated and the bulb still annoys him. I hope it starts healing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom