Beardies tail tip fell off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone my about 6 year old beardie iggy about a month ago tip of tail was darker and was bleeding a little bit upon looking closer starting from the tail tip to about a inch and a quarter up it had what I believe was retained shed since it was dark for awhile and when I peeled it off it came of like shed that took a little picking to get off and about a week after that the very tip of the tail shriveled up and got black and hard and I read a few post that said it was natural and so on and some time after that being today I notice the tip must've fell off and the place were it fell of had a little blood and the wound looked like good skin so to speak but can't help but notice the top part of his tail looks a little darker then the rest of his tail and the underside looks a tiny bit darker. But it would be appreciated if anyone could give me insight and advice on what to do and if i should be worried mainly because there is literally no reptile vet near me thanks again.

Here are photos:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2kzriu9fg/

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That could stay the same or get worse so it is pretty concerning. The unshed area halfway up, is that the first time it became like that or does that spot always have trouble shedding ? By the way it's best to never actually pick the shed off, you can apply plain aloe , neosporin or raw honey to any areas that are having a hard time shedding and that usually does the trick unless it's so tightly wound that it looks like a rubber band is squeezing it. Then you very gently try to get it off after you put any of those ointments on. But in general just the ointments and a 10 minute soak as well as using a toothbrush very gently.

doughnuthipster

Original Poster
Thanks for the response :) also I cant remember the last time the part about a inch from the tip of his tail shed so thats why I figured it was retained shed but does it look like tail rot? Also I started putting first aid ointment aka Neosporin today do you think its likely to spread and is it something life threatening because i have to herp vets around. Again thanks for all the help.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome ! I don't know what is going on under the scales there but hopefully the worst part fell of and it won't be a problem in that area anymore but there's no way to say for sure. I'm a little concerned with the area that I mentioned where the bend is, too. As long as it sheds O.K it may be fine but only time will tell.

doughnuthipster

Original Poster
Alrighty also I'm going to mark my calendar today where I noticed it and see if it progresses any if it is tail out rot or something like that how long does that take to progress
Sorry for so many questions I'm just a worry wart LOL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom