Sick beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wmontford83

Hi can anyone help me I'm new here and have never owed a bearded dragon before I have a 5 year old approx male that I got from someone who wasn't taking care of him anymore, over the last couple of days he has started thrashing about and looking up, I found him upside down earlier and immediately flipped him back over, I'm searching through the Web to see if I can diagnose any symptoms but am overwhelmed by Al the forums and pages out there that I'm worried that by the time I figure out what's wrong with him it will be too late, I should also note that the nearest reptile vet is 45 minutes drive from me and want £65 just for consultation and I would lose a day's wages too but so I don't know what to do, PLEASE HELP US

Sounds to me like a classic case of beardy neglect (from his previous owners). Flipping on their backs could be a sign of MBD (bone disease), due to lack of UV light/calcium. Could you let us know what type of UV light you currently have (i.e brand, compact or tube light, and distance from dragon) and also what you're feeding him and if info on your supplements (Calcium/vitamins).

Wmontford83

Original Poster
He has a 3 month old repti Sun 10.0 strip light which is at the top of the viv maybe a foot away from him plus a ceramic heat lamp on a thermostat set to temperature guidelines according to bearded dragon book I got from the pet shop, also I was told that he only eats mealworm which he has to be hand fed with tweezers, I have tried him with a number of vegetables and also locusts and crickets and the only thing I can get him to eat other than meal worms are morio worms, I either gutload or sprinkle his food with calci-dust which I also got from the pet shop, he has never seemed to be interested in food tho no matter what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom