My beardies tail is falling off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrenoula3

Hello, im new to this and not really sure how to work it but, my beardies tail looks like it was pinched? or idk? she was perfect in every way and then i went to go pick her up and noticed her tail like this. it definitely didnt happen over time bc it was never like that. it couldve only happen between morning and night so im not sure what happened:(
98810-1581012612.jpg
98810-1581012612.jpg
i've looked things up that can be the problem but theres no pictures that look like my bearded dragons tail? idk what to do. Does anyone know what is happening? im going to try to insert the picture now.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are sure that happened in just one day? :shock: Usually things like tail trauma take time to
end up looking like that unless it is from a bite from another dragon & it happened immediately.
Is he/she housed alone?
Is there anything in the tank that would have injured it to that magnitude?
At this point, I would say a vet visit is in order because it doesn't look good at all. There could be
infection set in also. Try to get some raw, unpasteurized honey to put on the tail to help with any
infection. You could wrap it up in gauge to protect it, but a vet visit is in order!

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Needs immediate vet attention.

It's been either bitten by another dragon who shares the same enclosure, or been injured by something heavy or sharp pinching it, it needs vet surgery VERY URGENTLY.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today?
Are you going to be able to find a vet to get him in to see to treat that tail? They will have to
remove the end, to keep it from getting infected.
Let us know how he/she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom