Help!!! May have sick beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond1

My beardie who is 1 1/2 years old is acting very strange... she has been in brumation for over 2 months
Is that normal??! She also isn't eating she is just standing there when crickets are in (she hasn't had crickets in a long time ) She is being very lazy and lethargic acting!! I know they don't eat much or move much in brumation but this seems a little too long for brumation!!! Please reply Should I take her to the vet??!

Diamond1

Original Poster
But , of course when I go to take this pic she straightens up and she just pooped!! It kinda looks funky??!!

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Over two months is fine im pretty sure. I'd definitely take her to the vet though to make sure everything's perfectly fine as my male beardie started acting like it was burmation but turns out he just had a high count of pinworms and is acting so much better, he does hide occasionally but overall comes out, basks, eats, doing normal beardie things since ive started him on the treatment.
But just because i wanna know the whole setup can you tell me what she usually ate before she stopped eating, insects, veggies etc and the tank size, uvb brand, coil/tube/mvb/compact and whether shes housed with another beardie or not.

Diamond1

Original Poster
Okay!! But please don't judge her cage is not clean right now we are cleaning it today !!! (Very dirty)

Diamond1

Original Poster
I normally feed her kale, green peppers , every once in awhile apple or strawberries, carrots in small amounts and bearded dragon nature zone bites for extra nutrition, her uvb light is full spectrum and the brand is reptile ... something ? I feed her crickets and super worms occasionally and she eats over half of her salad most of the time but she is not eating her crickets unless it's right by her mouth!! She does not have any beardie with her I only have Her..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom