Blood? At a loss. Pictures of poop- Good News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is little Emmalee doing tonight?
I am sorry the vet wasn't very helpful at all! That can definitely be very frustrating, I know.
Sometimes it seems like they just don't want to help or do any extra research to get more
answers. It doesn't sound like she could keep her records straight.
Maybe there will end up not having any major health problems. I agree, I am not sure that
placing her on Baytril for an infection she may or may not have probably isn't a great idea.
I don't think she has much knowledge on their brumation phases, either. I hope your next
vet appointment with a new vet gives more insight. It is very possible that it might be just
related to a follicular issue, or maybe just a GI problem.
I do think though, that it is worth thinking about spaying her in the future if she continues
to lay this many eggs! Trying to keep her calcium levels is hard & the constant laying takes
a toll on her.
Continue giving the greens slurries for her, they are nutritious! Let us know how things go
at the appointment.

Tracie

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
What a happy day! Seriously shed a tear. I cannot believe how attached I am to this dragon.

I had her at another vet yesterday, who reviewed all the blood work, x-rays, and said to me that he most likely thought this was a reproductive issue. He did a full examination and determined that there was no abdominal swelling, no abnormal lumps or bumps, no eggs felt. He said overall she looked well and my husbandry was not a concern. He did not feel more Baytril at this time was warranted, but wanted me to keep a very close eye on her in case of a reproductive issue, as these can pose a severe threat to her health. He said brumation should not be too much of a concern, and felt that it would be good for her overall healing (unlike the other vet). However, he did ask me to hold off for a couple weeks if possible. I got the sense that although he was very helpful he was choosing his words as he did not want to speak badly about the other clinic or doctors which he recommends. I gather I just got a bad experience. Thankfully the doctor who would be doing the possible ultrasound or spay surgery is not the one I was originally dealing with. The original doctor was supposed to contact me today with estimates for ultrasound and surgery, but today when I called I found out that she had not put in my request, and so another ball dropped....not happy with her service. However, we do not have a plethora of reptile vets....two at one clinic and one at the other who does not do any type of surgery....in fact only one vet does surgery.

I have continued to bathe Emmalee daily, she is gaining weight. Now at 540 grm! So happy about that, but this is the gold mine...I know poop...I shed a tear and jumped for joy when I saw this. Textbook perfect, crossing my fingers that this continues to last. I so much love my little girl!

full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I know you are so relieved ! I'm happy for you, hope that she continues to remain stable. That pic should be framed. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is excellent news to hear on Emmalee! :D
I'm glad there were no obvious signs of growths, or other irregularities that would be
causing issues.
Hopefully the other clinic gets their act together & you can get an estimate on an ultrasound.
Geez, that is disorganized!
She seems to be doing great, gaining weight & everything! I agree, she probably doesn't need
more Baytril, either. Some rest will hopefully do her a lot of good.
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
AHBD":4r39p37k said:
I know you are so relieved ! I'm happy for you, hope that she continues to remain stable. That pic should be framed. :)

I totally agree :D , that is a great idea.

Thanks to you and Tracie for all your support. I just hope this is a lasting trend....just look at the absolutely perfect urate, at least I know she is still capable....mystery is, I guess I will never know what cause all this in the first place and I hope to not have to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom