My Ellie is having trouble eating...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newobro

So my baby girl Ellie is acting a tad bit off and I think she's blind. She lives with her brother Brett in one cage (I will separate them soon) and she is having trouble with eating superworms... She eats like 5 or so then stops eating them whilst acting like she can't see them. I'm not very good at taking care of them (I don't bathe them as much as I should or clean their cage much) and I'm very worried what am I doing wrong and what can I do to help her eat??!??

P.S. Brett is healthy

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hi, Poor Ellie!
Can you list what kind of terrarium what size? the light setup? Which brand are you using? Coil or linear bulb? Also, what are your temperatures for the cool , hot side and basking spots? If you can please post a photo of your setup and Ellie? What I think it might be is a dominance issue. Please separate them ASAP... they are only meant to be together for mating purposes. Bearded dragons are meant to be housed alone.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Need much more information and details on your beardie's setup and your husbandry otherwise we can't even hazard a guess.

Here's my Cheat Sheet :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234738&p=1806050#p1806050

If you work through it methodically , the chances are their are likely a lot of issues that need to be tweeked or changed and they will pop right out at you, if you can give very detailed answers we will then be in a position to offer help. Is impossible to help you if you don't provide thorough details .

It may prove necessary to involve a reptile vet if your bearded dragon has serious health issues.Are you in a position to afford to take him to a good reptile vet should this prove necessary ?

If they are sharing a tank , this is most likely the problem . Separating them immediately , by putting Brett into a new viv , he can stand a period of relocation stress much better.
If money is tight this might help viewtopic.php?f=34&t=233480

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom