My Bearded Dragon won't stop biting his toe please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon his name is Spike... This morning I saw my bearded dragon biting his toe, and later on he took his nail completely off. He is constantly trying to bite his toe but I put some greens in front of him to divert him from trying to bite his toe. He won't stop trying to bite his toe and Im afraid he's going to take his toe completely off... What do I do???Someone please help me

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Can you please post some photos of him and his foot/toe? That way we can see what you're talking about. If he actually chewed off his toenail there must be something really irritating it. Has he shed that foot recently? Do you see any retained shed skin on it, or any little sores or bites? Sometimes cricket bites can cause a lot of issues.

As far as his foot being stiff, is he walking on it? Is he limping or favoring that foot?

Jaidenblow15

Original Poster
I don't know how to post pictures on here but as far as I know he walks on it fine, he has a little bit of the clear nail still there. My first thought was that maybe he was a little bit hungry because it was not quite his morning time routine... So I give him his daily morning crickets and greens, but notice it was like he was trying to pull his nail off... Also I didn't notice anything different or wrong with his skin, it had look like it had always been. He did shed that foot I want to say like 3-4 days ago.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You can click on the XIMG here in the message box to upload your pictures so you can post them
here online.
You mentioned that he had recently shed that foot he has been biting? He may have some
retained shed possibly that is constricting his blood flow. Try looking to see if there is any small
pieces of skin that have not come off yet.
Is he eating pretty well?

Tracie

Jaidenblow15

Original Poster
91738-7630986222.jpg
Hi Tracie, He is eating really well giving him fresh green and water everyday... Also worms and crickets. No what I look at him even closer it does seem to look like he has a little bit of retained shed right as his hand starts... How would I remove this retained skin? I don't know if you can see it in the picture very well
91738-5699422434.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom