my bearded dragon is really sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinkymilf40

[ :) img][/img]Hi my name is Samantha my bearded dragon is really sick and I don't know what to do I have a picture of him but I don't know how to post it my bearded dragon mouth is gapped open his eyes are bulged his ears look like they are closing and his skin is dark I am very worried about him I am scared that he might be dying on me we have another bearded dragon in the tank with him and she is doing fine we bought them together and one seems to be doing fine while the other one is really sick please help me
:cry:
91923-497295992.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Samantha, I'm sorry your beardie is all. :( here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use XIMG to upload pics

Pics of the set up and list of lights, how old he is , what he's been eating, when he began lookin ill, etc. Someone can help if your set up needs adjustment.

kinkymilf40

Original Poster
kinkymilf40":ijnzjks9 said:
[ :) img][/img]Hi my name is Samantha my bearded dragon is really sick and I don't know what to do I have a picture of him but I don't know how to post it my bearded dragon mouth is gapped open his eyes are bulged his ears look like they are closing and his skin is dark I am very worried about him I am scared that he might be dying on me we have another bearded dragon in the tank with him and she is doing fine we bought them together and one seems to be doing fine while the other one is really sick please help me
91923-497295992.jpg
he hasn't been eating very much lately he has been laying around the tank I have been feeding him crickets and water he is about 2 months old

kinkymilf40

Original Poster
kinkymilf40":37zwip5l said:
kinkymilf40":37zwip5l said:
91923-497295992.jpg
he hasn't been eating very much lately he has been laying around the tank I have been feeding him crickets and water he is about 2 months old
he has been like this for a few days now but he is looking a lot worse today

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Can not see much in the very poor quality image.

What are his tank temperatures (at basking spot ? in the warm zone ? and the in the cool zone ? )

Being dark on the body = too cold , he's trying absorb more heat by darkening up his body.
If he's sporting a black beard and black under the neck = he's very uncomfortable / very sick / very upset / in a lot of pain. (He doesn't look like he's BBing in the photo but maybe has blackened whiskers = not a happy / comfortably little beardie).

If he gasping for breath -- that's a very bad sign -- that's a very sick beardie and it could be anything from an RI to something like a bad SI or worse. Bulging eyes is a indicator of serious problems along with gasping for breath.

Knowing as much detail about his tank and lights (UV and basking) and the feeding schedule and photos of his tank will be helpful too.
We really need a lot more details on how long he's been like this, and as good a description of his symptoms as you provide for anyone to really offer any helpful advise other than that he should be seen ASAP by a good reptile vet.

PERSONALLY , I wouldn't wait around for anyone here to post advice based on very limited information and not seeing him to examine him properly , I'd pick up the phone the call the nearest reptile vet and tell him you have an emergency and you are on your way ....

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
It's not a good idea to keep them in the same tank. One will be more dominant than the other, eating more food, and maybe attacking the small one. You should probably take the sick one to the vet.

Mysty

Juvie Member
Time for a vet. Let us know how you all get on and if he is diagnosed with sometging treatable, please invest in a second viv asap.

kinkymilf40

Original Poster
will the temps in the tank are 49 and 70 this only start this morning but he was in burmation for a couple of weeks he only came out of it about a week ago and now he is like this I don't have the money to take him to the vet right now
so that's why I am asking for some here I am very worried about him he really has been acting kind of weird since I got him but I didn't think nothing of it at the time I am new to bearded dragons and I am learning as I go I mean I look up things and I ask question but it is going to hurt me if anything happens to him because he is one of the family to

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Hi there!

First of all, whether those temperatures are in Fahrenheit or in Celsius, they are very, very wrong. Do you even have a heat lamp?? Second, that guy is waaaay too small to have been brumating. Third, get them separated ASAP, if this guy is sick, he could end up making the other one sick also.

Without answering our questions, I'm afraid there's not going to be any help to offer, aside from the vet. Though a reptile vet is going to ask you the same questions...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post some clear pictures of the dragon ? And yes, he is not brumating at that size, his lethargy/sleepiness would mean he's not well. Those temps. are way too cold. It may be overwhelming to you but another set up is required so he can hopefully get better. It can be as simple as a large plastic tote for $10- $15 from Walmart or even a Dollar store. Then just rig some lighting over the top. Here's an example of a simple set up.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29895/full
You can even set these out in the sun as long as you provide a shaded area and the temp. isn't above 87 degrees and you were able to keep an eye on it.

But please post some clear pics of the dragon. Everyone here is trying to help you + hopes the baby will be O.K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom