Bearded Dragon Prolapse or Parasite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aries777

Hello, my name is Arielle, I am a first time owner of a bearded dragon. I've done all of the research possible, provided them most amazing home and life for my dragon that I can and yet I fear she has something wrong with her. She hasn't had a full prolapse, but the last few times she's gone to the rest room she has exposed A red swollen shape around her hole for a few seconds. She acts perfectly normal but her stomach is still very large and hangs low even after she goes to the bathroom and her poop is coming out in numerous ways. Today it came out a normal color, brownish green but with no white urine and it had a slimy yellowish mucus around it. I'm worried for her but not sure if it serious enough to take her to the vet? Should I take her asap to a vet, I'm concerned it may be parasites. I've had Saphira for a little over a year and I've always done my best to keep her cage spotless. But recently I changed her tank, from a long 55 gallon to a wide 40 breeders special gallon to give her more wide space room since she's bigger now. Please help me figure out what to do. I don't want to loose my baby, Saphira is my Queen.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
That happens when the have excess water in their system(poop is not dry), mine does this too. It is normal. (The thin sack part) Sounds perfectly healthy to me.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If the area has gone back in then it probably isn't a prolapse. Do you have any picture of it?
Are her stools normal for the most part?
Sometimes they wont excrete urates with every stool. What do you feed her, does she eat a lot of greens?
You can get a fecal done on her though to be sure parasites are not an issue.

Tracie

Aries777

Original Poster
Gormagon":3dodr8jw said:
That happens when the have excess water in their system(poop is not dry), mine does this too. It is normal. (The thin sack part) Sounds perfectly healthy to me.

Today she pooped again a foul smelling, yellowish mucus covered greenish brown poop with no white urine. You're sure it's normal? She gets baths and does drink a lot of water. But the redness when she poops? What could that been? Thank you for answering!

Aries777

Original Poster
Drache613":1jmfha30 said:
Hello,

If the area has gone back in then it probably isn't a prolapse. Do you have any picture of it?
Are her stools normal for the most part?
Sometimes they wont excrete urates with every stool. What do you feed her, does she eat a lot of greens?
You can get a fecal done on her though to be sure parasites are not an issue.

Tracie

Hi Tracie, thanks for helping out, today she had another foul smelling poop a little bigger than yesterday so I don't think she's blocked up, however it's still all mucus looking and still only greenish brow with no White urine I'll post a pick in a sec. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom