*update passed away* Still sick and getting worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Awe!!! I am deeply saddened for you and, for little Maggie! It was a long hard struggle but you did all you could. Please don't blame yourself, because so many times people set and, try to figure out what went wrong (the should'a, would'a, could'a game). You left no stone unturned and, loved her to the end, that is all anyone can do. You are "and, will be again" a great beardie mom!
Your friend,
John

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm so very sorry to hear that Maggie passed away. :cry: You tried your very best and even more. She was very loved & loved you right back. She knew you were trying to help her & I bet that's why she ate a little babyfood & the smoothie you mixed up special for her. She is now at peace and healthy once again.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry your precious Maggie passed away. :cry: You did everything for her & I know she appreciated your love & time spent with her. At least she wasn't alone.
My sincere condolences to you.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
:( You must be feeling very mixed feelings gutted , very sad but relieved (she's no longer suffering).

I know how hard it is to loose a much loved pet who you've been trying so hard to care for and to help get well and healthy again from first hand experience .... I really feel for you.

RIP Maggie.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey everyone. Just wanted to drop by and say thanks to everyone for their condolences. This, for lack of a better description, sucks. I had a necropsy done and the vet said that it looked like she had some congenital defects and is surprised she even made it as long as she did. Makes me feel even worse because now I wonder if she suffered her entire life... she was buried in the front yard. Neighbors likely think I'm mental for sitting in the front yard bawling and stabbing the ground with a broken shovel and carrying rocks in my shirt while crying.

But I really appreciate everyone here being there with us from day one. Thanks

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Zombiepanda":a7ip3rd0 said:
Hey everyone. Just wanted to drop by and say thanks to everyone for their condolences. This, for lack of a better description, sucks. I had a necropsy done and the vet said that it looked like she had some congenital defects and is surprised she even made it as long as she did. Makes me feel even worse because now I wonder if she suffered her entire life... she was buried in the front yard. Neighbors likely think I'm mental for sitting in the front yard bawling and stabbing the ground with a broken shovel and carrying rocks in my shirt while crying.

But I really appreciate everyone here being there with us from day one. Thanks
Congenital defects or no, you had the chance to love her and she loved you back. In the end, this is all that matters.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I mostly spaced out and tuned the vet out but basically I think what she said was *summary* she had a heart defect that in turn caused brain damage. I asked if it could have been adv and she said that was a really good possibility as to the ultimate cause of death. The worst part is that I am having a MAJOR case of empty tank syndrome. Out of pure habit I keep looking over, or thinking it's feeding time, or grabbing my thermometer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom