Gray Barnacle grown on my beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, so my bearded dragon suddenly grew something that looks like a tiny gray rock/barnacle on his left leg and I don't really know what it is. I searched almost everywhere and can't find out what it is. There are no close exotic vets nearby. I saw the bump grow on to him and it's pretty small. He is a baby bearded dragon 1 month old and 5 inches including his tail. He only eats crickets currently because he doesn't eat any of his salad which consists of chopped kale and shredded carrots. He eats about 5-8 crickets a day sometimes more. He has a reptisun 100w basking lighting and a T5HO 10.0 UVB light.

jaxbeardie

Original Poster
No, I'm 100% sure it is not a piece of poo or anything that he picked up because as I was feeding him crickets he ate one and then I saw the gray speck appear out of nowhere. I currently can't take pictures because he is sleeping but I will tomorrow asap

jaxbeardie

Original Poster
We also tried to gently rub it off with a Q-tip and it didn't come off. It looks like a growth of some sort

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It just appeared though, that quickly?
Could it just be a retained scale that did not shed off?
Try bathing him, letting him soak but do not leave him unattended, to see if it may soften up & come off possibly.
Pictures when you can would be helpful, too.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
DSCF3107.jpg

femeral pores are normal but can look very narly and nasty .

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
jaxbeardie":3lyfdgcm said:
Hi I mm new to this site so how do I post pics on this topic i can only post pics on my account
Use the XIMG tab to post pics to a thread after you upload them to your gallery/ account!
87978-1587003037.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: saw that!!
jaxbeardie":1ulr6fah said:
Thanks I found it after i posted this

It will be interesting to find out what that is, I have not seen this before.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Very poor quality photos , very hard to tell .... Looks like some kind of injury , a bite or burn that has a scab on it.

Is he sharing the tank with another ?

These little guys are very leapy and have been known to leap onto basking globes which are too close to their basking spot or to other tall tank fixtures.

I'd get a reptile vet take a good look at it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, he's a very cute leatherback ! :) The bump is strange, it looks mostly like an insect bite. Check the cage carefully for any loose bugs, esp. crickets which tend to hide during the day but come out at night. Put some Neosporin on it, it should heal up before too long. If it gets worse you might just opt for a vet with a good reputation to see him even if it's not a reptile vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom