Swollen eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asiandiva

Good evening guys
My first beardie (Pablo) his eye is swollen and I do not know if it's normal. I've read that when a dragon is shedding their eyes swell up. I just wanted to know if this is cause by the shedding...

90194-8524053208.jpg

Please help I'm very worried ?

Asiandiva

Original Poster

I have this, should i get something better?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
The picture didn't show up. If its a coil or a compact then you need to replace it with a reptisun 10.0 Tube.

Asiandiva

Original Poster
his basking light and night light are on a circular dome
and his heating light is on a tube.
do you think he has an infection because of the light?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. I'd turn off the night light. Beardies like to sleep in the darkness and cool down. Do you mean his uvb is a tube? Does he have a bright white basking light?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
t a ceramic heat emitter? Beardies don't need heat at night if your house does not get below 65 at night they don't need a heat source. In their natural environment it gets cold at night and they just dig a hole and stay there until it warms up in the day. So is the uvb a long tube light? What brand ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What type & brand of UVB are you using?
It looks like his head/eyes are shedding? If so, they do the eye bulging to help stretch out the surrounding skin to help prepare the area for shedding.
Is your baby eating well?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Asiandiva

Original Poster
Thank You,
Im using the 18" ZooMed ReptiSun 10.0 Fluorescent Reptile Light Bulb
and Zoo Med Repti Basking Reptile Spot Lamp, 100-Watt, 2-count
He's eating good, he loves super worms and when I feed it to him he eats kale.
He's my first beardie, I got very worried about his eyes :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, so you are using the long fluorescent tube bulb then, that's good news. How far away from it is he?
I would say his eyes are bulging due to shedding. Let us know how how he is doing!
At least he is eating well right now, too. I am sure he will grow very quickly.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, are both eyes bulging or just one ? Can you take a few more pics , one from straight on and another from directly overhead ?

Asiandiva

Original Poster
Hi guys. Soo he's opening his eye here and there. But I'm noticing it has like a liquid gel in it. I do not think it's normal

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
There's some type of infection, or at least quite an irritation . You can use raw, unpasteurized honey from a health food store [ a natural antimicrobial ] to treat it. Dilute it with a tiny amount of warm water and apply 2 X a day. Don't leave any loose insects in the tank to bother him. Hopefully it will clear up soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom