Dark Spots on Right Shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI, I'm a lurker here & have 3 beardies who have been healthy!! My older girl, Polly, who turned 8 on Oct. 28 has always been healthy, but around August I started noticing a patch on her right shoulder with black spots & a bit thicker skin than normal. The patch has remained the same size but the black spots are darker & a bit bigger. She has not had any change in environment or been introduced to anything new. She lives on tiles & has a Solar Glo light & has correct temp basking spot & cool areas to stay in. She hadn't been eating too much Oct-Dec & I attributed this to winter as she normally sleeps a lot & doesn't eat much.

I took her to the vet Monday who put her on baytril 2x day after a 5 min soak. I also started giving her a probiotic & putting betadine on the patch of skin. My vet wants $606 for a biopsy & I'm willing to spend the money if I have to.

I'm hoping its not yellow fungus (or any fungus) but the vet can't tell without tests. Could she develop this after 8 years in a clean environment? I'd appreciate any opinions you could give me as to the spots & if I should continue with her baytril treatment (worried its making her feel bad)
32494-7636197665.jpg
32494-4507230376.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom