Dragon threw up!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jettum

My beardie is in a quasi-brumation right now and I took her out for her bath today. She pooped right after (looked healthy), then about five minutes later she threw up water?? It was totally clear liquid but very slimy. Maybe a tablespoon sized amount.
Has anyone experienced this before? Should I take her to the vet immediately or assume she swallowed water and monitor her?
I left the bathroom to wipe out her cage while she was soaking, but checked on her frequently and her head was up and she was chill.
79877-6127965841.jpg
79877-3575719884.jpg
79877-8886692593.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's never good when they throw up. Did she drink a lot in the bath? It's possible she just overdid it on the water and it upset her stomach which she'll bounce back from. It's a good sign that she is alert and acting normally now. I'd keep an eye on her looking for lethargic behavior, black beard, or other odd behavior.

Jettum

Original Poster
I've never seen her drink water at all. But it's possible I didn't see it, as I was coming and going during her bath. Unfortunately, since she's been brumating it'll be hard to decipher if she's lethargic. But she's roaming around now and I will definitely keep watching for anything odd. Thank you!

I know when Sully goes in the bath, he pretty much drinks the bathwater for the entirety of the ~20 mins he's in there, which is a LOT of water in a quick period of time for something with such a tiny tummy, you know? He's thrown up before after a bath, and it looked exactly like your pictures up there, but he was completely fine after it happened, no black beard or other issues at all.

I'd say if she throws up any more, you should look into it. But since it was after a bath, it seems mainly clear, and she's not particularly acting odd, I'm leaning towards the fact that she probably just drank way too much at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom