SEVERE SCALE ROT

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnaandrews

83529-9675388759.jpg
today i rescued an older female german giant from a pet store which she was previously a breeder in. her habitat was ridiculous. she was housed in a 10 gallon rainforest like habitat which much smaller lizards would be housed in. her tank was damp and cramped. anyways, I rescued her and took her home and she was very dehydrated but she's been eating and drinking and I soaked her. the scale rot in her is horrendous. if someone could please help me treat it. I've never seen anything like this and I don't want it to become worse. thank you!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is most likely going to be yellow fungus or at least some type of fungus.
I would try to get her to a vet if possible for them to do a culture on the skin & determine if it is yellow fungus.
For now, you can be proactive & get some lamisil cream to put on her daily, on the affected areas. To thoroughly clean the skin, use a diluted betadine first & keep the baths to a minimum just in case it is fungal to prevent spreading.
Has she eaten anything & is she basking also? What type of lighting do you have for her?

Tracie

shawnaandrews

Original Poster
I rescued her yesterday and noticed this. she has eaten and drank since she bad been with me and she also has basked. I use a 100w basking bulb and a 26w high output uvb.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Which brand of High output tube bulb are you using, the Reptisun or the Arcadia?
Poor girl, yellow fungus normally is due to dirty conditions, but is also notorious for developing while on heavy medication cycles, too.
I am glad she has eaten & is basking currently. How is she doing today?

Tracie

shawnaandrews

Original Poster
it's reptisun. she's doing alright today, I'm just trying to find a vet to take her to but it's very hard where I live to find such thing

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor little girl, and being kept in a cramped, wet tropical tank. Just very sad.....but good for her that you found her and can give her a much better life. Hopefully if it's yellow fungus it's not internal and the topical treatments will help out. The diluted betadine solution followed by application of Lamisil that Tracie mentioned should help out. An experienced reptile vet can take a scraping to test for what it is. If you can't find one, you can contact this organization that can send you info on how to take a swab to send to their lab for a reasonable price. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CD0QFjABahUKEwjHoKjVptjHAhVEcD4KHWh7DOw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vetdna.com%2Ftest-type%2Freptiles&usg=AFQjCNHLQxcLvTjzZgeFvKIkAI05PNI9IA&sig2=vwLjrCUp0QekHQlnaU0CAg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom