Turning blue???

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Turning blue???

Postby missmaishka » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:28 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

I noticed Rikku scales round her face had lightened a great deal, i put it down to shedding. I looked at ther today and i notice all the scales on the top of her head are a funny blueish colour. I have never seem it like this before. Should I panic yet?
missmaishka
Newbie Poster

Re: Turning blue???

Postby spurlee01 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:29 pm

Do you have a picture you could post?
spurlee01
BD.org Addict

Postby missmaishka » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:26 am

I decided to leave it a while and see if anything changes. The blue colour turned to a grey shade, but it doesnt seem any better. There are also patches on her hips and tops of her legs now. I have taken some pics of the patching during her bath. I think most will say it is just shedding, but I have never seen her shed like this and due to the opp she had a few weeks ago I am extra worried about everything. Also on a side note I walked in to find her with a mouthful on paper towel, ( had to use it to replace the sand she kept eating) Should I worry about the fact she ate it or will it be ok?

missmaishka
Newbie Poster

Postby TASTIGER » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:43 am

looks like shed to me
Morgan
TASTIGER
Extreme Poster

Postby TheWolfmanTom » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:44 am

Looks like shedding.
TheWolfmanTom
Extreme Poster

Postby spurlee01 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:12 pm

Agree, shed. As for the paper towel, if she is eating it you may need something else such as tile or repti-carpet. I wouldn't worry about one piece of paper towel (but if you are worried you can feed some pumpkin, squash, or applesauce), but if it is continually happening you'll want to change substrate.
spurlee01
BD.org Addict

Postby missmaishka » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:28 pm

thanks a lot for the help, i can stop been worried now. I think i just missed her normal feed time so she got bored and ate the paper. my fault really, she hasnt done it again.
missmaishka
Newbie Poster

Return to Beardie ER