emergency.. Yay or Nay? (Pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaegal

I have inherited a Beardie from a friend recently, and I don't have much spare money ATM for a vet so I would rather be able to wait like a week or two, I could possibly dish the money out but I'm not sure how expensive it'll be/ if I'll have enough. The Beardie in question is roughly 5 yrs old and male. I have him in a new set up I got (48x18x25) temps ranging from 94-102 in the basking, cool side is like 75-80 ( I'm still working on perfecting the temps). His uvb is his old 36" one (I'm not sure how old it is) which I ordered a new one, it'll be here this Tuesday (no one near me carries them above like 18" :? ) and the new will end up being mounted inside the viv. My questions for this boy is if yall think he needs an ER trip, I'm gonna bring him in as soon as possible but I would rather wait like a week till I know I'll have enough money instead of the vet trying to keep him because I can't pay. My questions for you guys are
1) does he look underweight? I'm feeding him mustard greens/collards and adult dragon kibble (he used to be fed mostly that so I still offer it) A couple hornworms crickets (dusted) along with a couple of butter worms and a wax worm or two as a treat (I've had him for just under a week now).
2)he has a few spikes on his side that are very dull looking compared to the rest, is that normal?
3) he has a very funky toe nail that curves, no idea what that's about? MBD maybe? I trimmed it down some, it was curving back twards the under part of the toe like making a complete half circle.
4) his eyes. I'm pretty sure they're sunken, he doesn't open one of them very often, I was thinking it was from his recent shed but I'm not sure, he's still doing it, just not as much. MBD related too possibly?

Here's pictures. The second eye photo (where he's looking right) is his eye he likes to shut
82075-948471344.jpg
82075-5238697156.jpg
82075-5275889742.jpg
82075-5151839936.jpg
82075-449915533.jpg
82075-5909753241.jpg
82075-8656169073.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....he looks pretty good actually, possibly just needs a bit of extra hydration. His weight is fine....there are lots of overweight dragons out there and people forget how they really should look. I don't see a problem with his scales and lots of beardies have a banged up toe or 2. Your temps. are perfect, no need to adjust them and diet sounds good. :) He may have irritated his eye somehow but it's not obvious in the picture. If it continues to seem to be bothering him you can use raw honey diluted with 2 parts warm water as an antimicrobial ointment. You can do that 2X a day, it really does help, I've used it on my own dragon's eyes in the past. You can have have a fecal exam done, but you can wait for a month until he is settled in and used to his new family.

Just let him settle in for a while and give him a shallow lukewarm bath maybe 2-3X a week [ 5-10 minutes is fine ] so he has a chance to drink, and/or dribble water over his mouth to get him to drink using an eyedropper, syringe or a gentle stream from a spray bottle. Just wipe up any excess water if it pools in the tank. Your set up looks great, so hopefully he'll settle in quickly and become a happy part of the family. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom