NEED HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmc4392

Hatchling Member
Ok so in another post I had I mentioned that Dalia was sleeping in her lay bin. Well I got worried about her since she didn't look right while she was sitting in the sand cave, (sand was all over her face and it looked like she wasn't breathing too well. She was all scrunched up in a ball almost in the cave and I didn't see any eggs or movement from Dalia for almost 2 hours.

I hope I didn't just do something horrible...I had to dig her out of the cave and soak her to get all the sand off. She didn't like the bath but she seems ok now that she's back on her windowsill perch under the heat lamp. She is much more alert now than when she was in the cave. She seems a little bloated though...which makes me feel like I may have prematurely taken her out of the lay bin...I feel like crap now thinking that I may have interrupted her laying, but she wasn't showing any signs of actually laying, and the way she was positioned it would be impossible for her to poop let alone lay eggs.

My question is, when should I worry about her being potentially egg bound? She was last in to see the vet back on 3/7/2015 and that's when the vet said he saw the developing eggs on her x-ray. (btw she was at the vet for not pooping for 3 weeks which is why she had an x-ray) Other than me be a worrisome new mom, she's been eating fine. She was due for a poop yesterday but hasn't pooped yet. I've been trying to soak her everyday for hydration and the past two days for the pooping issue.

Please if anyone can offer some advice I would gladly appreciate it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If it would give you peace of mind you can get another X-ray [ ask for it to post it here ] If she eats + moves around she's almost certainly not eggbound, but there may be something to see. Her behavior might also be attributed to the fact that she is relatively new and they can be very restless in a new home for some time.

kmc4392

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Is there a way I can check for eggs myself? The vet said she could either lay the eggs, absorb them or become egg bound. I would take her to the vet and get another x-ray if it wasn't so expensive. If I absolutely thought she needed medical attention money wouldn't bother me, but since she's acting normal I can't really justify spending $130 for curiosity, since I barely make that much per week.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I know it's a big chunk of money. :( There's no way to tell for sure , feeling the belly sometimes works but it's not usually the case with infertile eggs. And beardies can only reabsorb egg follicles, not the actual shelled eggs. If she's not acting sick then she's probably not.

kmc4392

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The doctor did say something about the eggs not being fully formed. He may have used the word Egg follicles and that's why he said she might absorb them.

If she stops eating/being herself I'll take her to the vet right away.

Thanks for all your help AHBD! :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom