Runny Stool.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

IloveGibbs

Hi,

So I got my Beardie who is almost three years crickets last last night from the pet store. After I put the crickets in his tank, the light bulb (Zoo Med 100w) broke so he was just left with his uvb tube 10.0 in his 40 gallon breeder tank. I ran out this morning and got him a new light but I live in DC,and it took meanwhile to get back home. A few hours after replaced his bulb Gibbs poop. The pee part was white and look normal and some of his poop was solid, but some of his some of it was runny. I hasn't been runny before. It didn't smell any worst than it usually does, and Gibbs seems happy. However runny stool is a big uh oh and I'm kinda anxious. He mostly lives off of collard greens,and every so often I up to mustard greens or chard. We have a system set up, and I usually feed him when I get home and he eats it right away. I do spray him down with water before he eats and I spray his greens down. I can't easily get a fecal sample because I don't have a car. Do you think his stool was runny because his bulb broke? I usually keep extra bulbs on hand but this is a rare case when I didn't have one.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....an occasional runny poo isn't necessarily a sign of parasites or illness. See how things look the next few times and if you're concerned then you might take a fecal to an experienced reptile vet. But all beardies will have wet poos at times. He's probably fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom