Beardie Hiccups? PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of my beardies does this thing when I bathe her or give her water. She starts coughing or hacking like shes choking or hiccupping i dont know. she will whip her tail everytime just before she does it. Does ANYONE have any clue as to what is going on?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Does she start hiccuping/coughing in the bath or afterwards?
How deep is the water? She could be ingesting some water accidentally & that would be causing her to hiccup or cough because of that.
How many times has this happened?

Tracie

DjangoAndKeto247

Original Poster
She will cough/hiccup sometimes (but not very often) when I administer water orally. She will do the same thing when she drinks the water while I bathe her only it happens more rapidly and this time water came back up. Maybe shes drinking too fast? Well my other dragon drinks water the same way while bathing and has never done this once since I got them. I only keep the water a couple inches deep, just enough for them to stand in. There is a depth gradient due to the way a bath tub is made so they can shimmy around on that side to but no more then a few inches. Thanks so much for your help Tracie. Its funny that your the moderator on here. I just bought some organic blueberry liqued calcium from you recently and I was just about to write you regarding some other issues going on with Jane. Hope to here from you soon.
-Michael

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Michael,

Great, you can pm me or email me with more questions or post on here, however you would like.
I hope she likes the blueberry calcium!
It sounds like she is drinking to quickly or maybe too much at one time. This happens frequently to them if they ingest too much water all at once.
Let me know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom