starting to get worried about my dragons leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
ok, so about 2 weeks ago my dragon allie finished her shed, or so we thought. on her back right leg there is a section that looks like retained shed. it has not effected her ability to use the leg, and she is as active as ever. im just worried about it, we give her daily soaks, and put some aloe on it when she goes to bed hopeing that it loosens up and will come off. im just starting to get concerned about it. she has a vet apt on tuesday cause that is the only day the herp vet around here works unless it is an "emergency" here are some pics

100_2133.jpg

100_2131.jpg

and the under side of the leg
100_2132.jpg

these were the best pics i could get. im just worried about my girl.

MissT

BD.org Addict
It could be an injury or possibly some kind of fungus. Def get her into the vet to see exactly what it is!

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
Original Poster
it's the only part of her body we didnt witness shed. shes got a vet apt tuesday, and a little bit of it came off a few days ago in the bath, i think it's just shed that's taking forever to come off. i doubt its an injury, she still runs around and jumps fine. it's just dark, and yellow under the leg like the other parts ofher were when they were shedding.

MissT

BD.org Addict
It could be shed... but the darkness of her leg in the first photo is concerning me.

Im sorry I dont have any more suggestions. Hopefully the vet will be able to get to the bottom of it.

I do hope it is just shed...

T

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
Original Poster
her whole leg used to be dark like that, then during a bath and a rubdown with the tooth brush that section between her knee and ankle came loose and fell off in the bath. i really hope its shed, she doesnt seem like shes in pain,just doesnt like us touching it, she gets soaks daily, and aloe when she goes to bed. i hope shes ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunshine77
Top Bottom