Heylo Everybooody :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munchie1615

Hey everyone,

Well here in the fairly close future (I hope) I will be purchasing a baby beardie :). I just moved to FL from IL and I had two conure parrots there who were my babies but my mom needs them since she has the empty nest syndrome right now lol :) (I'm 20 and just won a scholarship to go to the Motorcycle Mechanics Institute school down in Orlando, I ride dirtbikes and such). Anyways, I'm hoping to get my job this week and then I'll be off to the petstore to buy the lil guy (They are SOOO cute!). I've always liked lizards but never got one before. I've been reading everything on here, I'm really glad I didn't purchase him before I found this site or else I would have had the total wrong setup for the cage and stuff. Anyways just thought I would introduce myself, my name is Mary and I'll be a first time beardie owner.

I appreciate all the time you guys take to answer everyone's questions, it has really helped me to understand the amount of care and time they need to be healthy lil creatures! :)

Once I get my lil buddy I'll post some pics!

-Mary

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
Hi,
You found the best beardie forum on the net for information and great people. This site has really helped me in the past.

I would bypass the petstores and since you are in Florida, I would go to a local breeder. Bennett has some nice dragons and he is very helpful to anyone. Including me who didn't get a beardie from him. Petstore beardie's tend to be inbred and you could have mega vet bills. A reputable breeder is the way to go. This will save you lots of headaches because you will be getting one from someone that is acknowledgeable and can help you with your questions. There is also Cuda and a couple others that are members of thsi forum.

Good luck in your beardie hunt. Make sure you post pictures after you get him/her.

Sandy
Magick & Semi

Munchie1615

Original Poster
I was wondering about the ones that are in the petstore...cuz I noticed that like they don't seem to have the proper stuff you need that I have read on here and also I noticed that they are feeding them mealworms which I know are definately not good thanks to this site. Is there a forum on here for the different breeders and their locations where I could find them? I'll look around while I wait for a reply, thanks for the info though!

-Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom