Hi I'm Crystal and this is Kairi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SckEmotion

Sub-Adult Member
Hello fellow beardie lovers!

My name's Crystal. I'm new here and just thought I'd introduce myself and my darlings.

000_2739.jpg

This is Kairi, my beloved bearded dragon. She's about a year and a half old.

...and I know this is a BD forum but I can't help but show off my other darling as well.

000_2645.jpg

This is Drake, my mali uromastyx. I'm not sure how old he is but I've always thought he was between one and two years old.

That's it. I just thought I'd introduce myself before I start getting into any of the other forums. Thanks!

MandyJ

Juvie Member
Yes, a Uro! He looks just like my Frankie. 8) We'll have to get together and swap advice some day. It's so hard to find reliable info on Uromastyx, as far as I've seen anyway. And no forums! What's with that? :lol:

SckEmotion

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It's so hard to find reliable info on Uromastyx, as far as I've seen anyway. And no forums! What's with that?

I totally agree with that! Every bit of information I find about uro's is a little different than the information I had found before that. They're so common now adays and it's impossible to find accurate info. It's more of a, learn as you go kind of experience.

Yeah, if you wanna talk, that'd be cool. I've only had little Drake for a little over a month so I'm not too sure on anything yet. He seems to be doing perfect though. Eating well, looks amazing, very active, all that good stuff.

You said Frankie looks like Drake? How big is he? And how old is he? Because I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how old Drake is, coming from a pet store.

Wow, what a discussion on a beardie board.

MandyJ

Juvie Member
We should create the first ever Uro forum. 8)

Yeah Frankie looks just like him! He was a rescue so I'm not positive on the age, but the family said he was something like 1.5 yrs, give or take a few months. They didn't take very good care of him, they couldn't even remember what lights he had and goodness knows what they fed him. So I don't know what he'd look like at almost two years if he'd been treated well, but then again they're very slow growers I hear. Frankie's probably around 8 inches right now. I can't get a good measurement, he's hiding. :lol:

SckEmotion

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'd be up for creating a uro forum. Except that I don't know how to do that. Hahaha..

Yeah, Drake's around 8 or 9 inches and they're supposed to grow much much slower than beardies. I heard it takes 5 or 6 years for uros to become full grown with full color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom