Decided...getting a beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all so much for your input, I have decided to get a beardie. Went into the pet store last night to have another luck...they really are fantiastic, i was really taken back by them. I spent 4 /5 minutes looking at teh cham and thought, this is all i can do with this guy if i get him...so..Beardie it is.

Couple of questions, if you don't mind because I prefer to get info from people with "no stake in my purchase" and take everything the pet store guy says very lightly. (Im a bit cautious like that being Irish i suppose).

the Beardie he has in store is 7 weeks old. How big should he be at that age (I realise its like asking how long is a piece of string), Im afriad incase its an older one thats sort of the runt of the litter asuch. In another store, the one they had was being sold as a 7 Month old beardie, but to be honest, I didn't see a lot of difference in size. Maybe just an inch and a half difference?

Also, Am I better getting a male or female. The store guy says its nearly impossible to tell at that age, is this true? Good online resource for this so i can tell my self would be helpful.

Last question. He is trying to sell me a 2ft x 2ft x 2ft Viv. I know this must be too small. He mentioned something about being able to catch their food easier. IF they require a smaller cage at that age, is it ok to buy the big one 4ft x 2ft x 2ft and section it off, gradually making it bigger over time? I presume 4x2x2 is adequate for even an adult dragon. I really don't want to skimp on cages, I have always been a firm believer that bigger is better!

Thanks a lot for your help guys & girls.
Iain

PS. Look forward to putting a pic or 2 up when i get my little guy.

maelstrom

Hatchling Member
Wow thats awesome!!! Congrats on your decision!! Im sure you wont be dissapointed or regret a thing.
I would definatly go with the 4x2x2 viv as like you said it can be sectioned off into a smaller one until he gets bigger if need be.
You seem to have a good idea what your doing already in not trusting petstore workers and it seems like youve done your research so i say go for it :D
and again. Congratulations!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom