Enclosure critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpike

How does this set up look? 4x2x2.
I only have an 18” reptisun T8 10.0 tube. What length should I upgrade to? Is it ok that I’m also using the old “compact” UVB light (back left corner) to supplement until I do? I have a 100W basking lamp and 100W CHE in the double dome fixture.
Don't mind the taped on thermostat. That was just for getting an idea. I'm using an IR thermometer. Temps are perfect. Thank you!

109601-8188389437.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The T 8 is better than the compact bulb I would ditch that all together - you can either go w/ a 24" fixture or a 30" -- I use 24" fixtures in both my 4x2x2 tanks -- you want the T 5 bulb either the Arcadia 12% or the 14% bulb - I have used both currently using the Rept 10.0 T5 -- if you use the 14% you will need to have a distance of 17-18 inches from basking decor - you dont want your dragon hiding from the UVB so that is why I went w/ the 24" fixture - most say 2/3rds of the tank --- I went w/ half the tank -- I also would get a better piece of basking decor under the UVB as well -- that stick looks pretty skinny --- and I also would invest in a digital probe thermometer --- do you have a hygrometer? Other than that I think the tank looks nice --
Karrie

MrSpike

Original Poster
Great! Thank you! Will get the recommended 24" fixture and lighting. He loves that branch. I will change out when he gets too big for it. Will put a Hygrometer and digital probe on my list too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom