Introducing Hendrix...

If you just got a new beardie, introduce your beardie to the community! If you're a newcomer, say hello and introduce yourself.

Introducing Hendrix...

Postby Grangerl0813 » Fri May 08, 2020 2:32 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
Soooooo I acquired a baby beardie through an unfortunate incident 2 days ago (I'll go into it further in a later post). He's maybe a month old? Anywho...he's in a pretty sweet set up now. I have the reptisun 10.0 t8 and its inside the take about 9 inches from his basking spot. His basking spot is 109.3 degrees (taking that with a probe and I also have a IR gun) and hes on linoleum. He's eating better than I expected under the circumstances and hes eating super small dubia and bsfl. He will eat about 11 dubia a day, I try and feed him 3 times a day but sometimes he wont eat. Of course he isn't eating his veggies (babies 🙄) but overall I think hes doing okay.[Click image to enlarge]
Grangerl0813
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Introducing Hendrix...

Postby CooperDragon » Fri May 08, 2020 3:15 pm

Welcome to the forum! He looks good. I'm glad you are able to give him a good home. Please let us know if you have any questions about his care and we'll be happy to help. Feel free to also share stories about his adventures.
CooperDragon

Postby Grangerl0813 » Fri May 08, 2020 3:35 pm

CooperDragon wrote:Welcome to the forum! He looks good. I'm glad you are able to give him a good home. Please let us know if you have any questions about his care and we'll be happy to help. Feel free to also share stories about his adventures.

Thanks! I really appreciate that...its been quite some time since I had a little baby...I dont think I've ever had one this small lol
Grangerl0813
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Fri May 08, 2020 4:28 pm

Welcome --- your set up sounds great---- get him started on his salads now tho ---
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
you can use small superworms 1-3 and your BSFL as salad toppers --- you can get the small super worms from here www.reptilesplus.com
Make sure you add those worms and BSFL in front of him to entice him to the bowl --- I would feed first thing in the morning --- then add your dubias to the salad bowl about an hr later -- and use a glass or ceramic bowl so they cant get out
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Grangerl0813 » Fri May 08, 2020 5:42 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Welcome --- your set up sounds great---- get him started on his salads now tho ---
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
you can use small superworms 1-3 and your BSFL as salad toppers --- you can get the small super worms from here http://www.reptilesplus.com
Make sure you add those worms and BSFL in front of him to entice him to the bowl --- I would feed first thing in the morning --- then add your dubias to the salad bowl about an hr later -- and use a glass or ceramic bowl so they cant get out
Karrie

Oh awesome! Last thing I heard was kale was bad lol thank you!!
Grangerl0813
Newbie Poster

Postby WinFam01 » Fri May 08, 2020 6:08 pm

Congrats. I love his markings, and cool name too.
---
Tish

3 human kids, 1 furkid, and 1 repchild - Bored at home, nah!
WinFam01
Juvie Poster

Postby Grangerl0813 » Fri May 08, 2020 6:31 pm

WinFam01 wrote:Congrats. I love his markings, and cool name too.

Thanks!! Yeah I love his name too lol my 7 year old niece picked it out...shes named all of my animals...she is improving though. She named my leopard gecko potato 😂😂
Grangerl0813
Newbie Poster

Postby DragonPete » Thu May 14, 2020 12:32 pm

Potato? Lol! Too funny! 😆
Yes that is a tiny one! Glad hes doing well and if you have questions please ask. People here will help you. ❤ Me and my Petey would have been in a bad place without all the help here. 👍
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Introductions