New Beardie Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdonley

Original Poster
Thanks all! It's a relief to know I'm not the only one that goes through the learning curve. I bought some dubia roaches today which I told myself at the beginning there was no way I was bringing roaches into my house. Our girl loved them though and gobbled them right up. She was starting to eat the calci worms but they didn't move enough to entice her to eat much. I'm not squeamish (spelling?) about feeding bugs but roaches in my house creeps me out a little. Lol I'm just happy she ate! She's adjusting well and I think I am starting to as well. Haha thanks again all!

Sam

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hey Sam,

Well if it's any consolation, they are about the best roaches to have in your house... LOL

Glad that she ate them up! that's a good sign.

Before you know it you're going to be starting your own roach colony haha.

-Brandon

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Dubai roaches are great. They don’t stink like crickets and last waaay longer. At first I had our little kai on Dubai’s and Calciworms, now he won’t even touch the calciworms but chows down on Dubai’s. I get them from Dubiaroaches.com
Congrats on the new baby!

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
claudiusx":3o88l210 said:
Sdonley":3o88l210 said:
There is so much to learn from watching and studying each of your individual dragons behaviors.

Yes, in this way, it's very similar to a dog, cat, or any other pet. Dogs or cats (or whatever) can be said to have some generalized behaviors, but there are always exceptions, and personalities.

Our dogs (and cat, when we had one) spent more time studying us than we did studying them :study: , and that's saying something! :lol:

For example, all our dogs were completely and totally regusting, but also cuter than one can stand. One was the sweetest, another the smartest, and yet another was just... well, she just was. :roll:
Some liked fruits or vegetables--some didn't (and different fruits & vegetables for each) and some were just chowhounds--they'd eat anything proffered, partly because (we think) they thought anything we ate must be good, partly because they trusted us to only give them good stuff, and partly because... they were chowhounds! :laughing6:

A BD is not a dog or a cat or even a different species of lizard/reptile--it's a BD (Caveat: Try not to anthropomorphize). In time, with study, you'll learn to "trust" each other.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Welcome to the forum! I'm not sure if I missed, but I didn't catch your new girls name ? I'm just stopping by to say hi and hope you enjoy this site and fall in love with your beardie as well all have! ?

Vanessa

Sdonley

Original Poster
Hi! Thanks for the welcome! Our girl is Poppy (my son loves the movie Trolls lol). She is adorable and I just love her already. It's just all so new and I'm getting used to it. I'm very thankful for all the helpful advice from others on here! :)

NibblezBeardie

Hatchling Member
KarrieRee":1utmle5l said:
If she doesn't like the calci worms try her on dubias
yeah my baby was quite picky when I got her, don’t worry once yours gets over the shock I’m sure it’ll start eating fine! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom