Dragon and Owner, both new

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonLadyTerra

Hello, my name is Terra and I am a mom to this little guy, Thunder
101255-6081134756.jpg
Oh, and three human children, but those aren't important here.

We got Thunder about 2 1/2 years ago after our daughter (then 9) BEGGED for him. We visited him at the pet store often and she was in love. They would put him in her hand (while holding him) to ensure he wouldn't escape. After we got him home she immediately held him and when he moved a tiny bit she screamed the scream of mothers with girl's nightmares (that high pitched one that could either mean "imminent death" or "Im having fun," depending on the activity). The hubs grabbed the lizard while I checked her hand for all fingers and skin and comforted her. Once she calmed, she explained that she didn't know he could move. Huh? YOU DIDN'T THINK HE MOVED!?! Sigh. She has never held him since. But, I enjoy him and am here to get some advice to my apparent neglect of him. I have a forum up in enclosures to talk about all that.

We just wanted to say Hello! Oh, and my younger daughter, who is 9 right now, holds him at least 2 times a week if not more, so he doesn't even notice the older lids disgust! So I guess he has two mama's. But I'm the REAL one since I have to do all the boring stuff like feed him and clean poo...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! It's too bad that your daughter was scared by him. They do move but are friendly and curious little ones, as I'm sure you know by now =). Please feel free to ask any questions you have and we'll do the best we can to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom