Impaction? Parasite? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

talktothetail

Hatchling Member
ok so I may just be paranoid but I think my dragon may be slightly impacted.i use reptisun t5 tube HO and hallogen flood light 90watt. Repticarpet as substrate. My lil buddy is really active. Loves his BSFL and occasional crickets. Like I said he’s really active and not aggressive, handles being handled for short periods before getting bored and running away. Last night he had a pea sized, slightly red poop with a yellow/ white shriveled up urate and hasn’t pooed since. I felt around and it feels like squishy beardie nothing hard. But he has that lumpy tummy. He snarfed down like 40 BSFL today in total. Also yesteryear when I was feeding collards (calm down it’s only twice a week) he got ahold of a piece that was like 3in. I got ahold of it before he ate the whole thing but he had like 2 inches of it. Could this be he problem? He doesn’t seem sick. I’m scheduling a check up with a local lizard vet next week. Is he sick or am I paranoid? :( any advice appreciated

Here’s a pic of him just now
95447-9431394729.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I commented on your other thread as well. He looks OK to me. I'd wait and watch for now. It could be upset stomach or something like that. Offer some extra water by drips on his nose to lick up and if he is a bit dehydrated/backed up that should help. If the issue continues for a few weeks then I'd have a fecal test done. Since he looks healthy and alert I wouldn't be too concerned about it for now.

talktothetail

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":21fenuqc said:
I commented on your other thread as well. He looks OK to me. I'd wait and watch for now. It could be upset stomach or something like that. Offer some extra water by drips on his nose to lick up and if he is a bit dehydrated/backed up that should help. If the issue continues for a few weeks then I'd have a fecal test done. Since he looks healthy and alert I wouldn't be too concerned about it for now.
Haha, must of being upset tummy, passed a big poo while I was at school, his tummy looks a lot less bulgy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom