New guy from AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esiegel91

Hello everyone! So I've been researching stuff on this site for weeks now almost a month or so, tomorrow I'm going to pick up a beardie for my son's (mostly for me ?) and I'm very excited! Tomorrow before I go to pick him up I'm going to assemble his terrarium (it's huge and I'm super excited about it). Anyway we're going to name him dexter and we're from Arizona. I'll post pictures tomorrow after we get him situated! Just wanted to introduce myself I'm Eric. Live in surprise az! I do have one question. I don't have much for him to climb on right now. Whats the best wood to use and where can I get it at a decent price?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad to hear you've done plenty of research ahead of time. That will go a long way for helping your new buddy have a good life with you. Please feel free to ask any questions you have, we'll be glad to help.

I've had good luck using habba huts (you can get them on Amazon). Otherwise I use wood I find outside. Nice wide branches work well. Good pieces of driftwood are my favorite. Try to avoid treated wood or cedar. You can rinse the wood off and scrub off any dirt then bake it in the oven on low (250 or so) for about 45 min to kill off any bugs that might be in it and it should be ready to go. Cactus wood might be a good option for you if it's available.

3magpie3

Petsmart actually has reasonable prices but selection is limited. You might luck out and find something cool. You also might check a local aquarium shop, but depending on the shop the prices can be ridiculous.

I did just collect some from a hike though.

Excited for you! I get my first later today too! I look forward to pics. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom