Our First Baby - Reptar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptar91

Hi Everyone!

My husband and I just got our first beardie yesterday, and couldn't be happier! He's quite small, only about 6'', but so well behaved. He loves being held, and will easily fall asleep in my hand. He ate about 10 small crickets on his first night home, so he must have been adjusting well, but wasn't interested in his salad. Since we got him from Petsmart, he might not have gotten veggies regularly, or at all, so I'm not surprised he wasn't keen on eating them right away. He did eat a nibble of grape and apple. (And yes, we know not to over do it on fruits because of the sugar content).

Has anyone else found a good harness for a baby that small? We'd love to get him used to one so we can take him on adventures, but he's so tiny!

I'll post some pictures of his enclosure later, but I couldn't resist showing off his sassy face for now :D

95895-2164258710.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it sounds like Reptar is settling in pretty well so far. A real cutie as they are at that size. :) Please do post pics of his set up . And you really can't put a harness on or take a small baby out too much, just supervised excursiions with his mom + dad watching that he doesn't scamper off in to mischief or eat something off the floor [ They do that in a flash, so DO be careful of that ! ] Also, no shoulder surfing, many a beardie has jumped from a height + gotten hurt that way .

Reptar91

Original Poster
95895-2939986568.jpg
95895-7326710112.jpg
95895-7147116088.jpg

He loves being held, and never wants to go back into his habitat. He has a 20 gallon tank with plans of expanding it as he grows. A reptisun 10.0 UVB bulb and a 100w basking bulb that keeps it at a comfortable 105-110 degrees. Repticarpet for flooring and a water dish with a shallow amount of water in it (no risk of drowning).

He's usually in our hands, but very quick when he wants to be (mad dashes up to our shoulder). Always well supervised. We'll think about waiting on the harness until later.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom