help!!!! my friend has a bearded dragon andshe is neglected!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardedsloth

my friend got a bearded dragon about 2-3 months ago. the first month she had her, she was doing really good!! but after awhile, she started to slack in caring for her. the beardie's beard is black because it isn't getting enough UV because she forgets to turn on the UVB light a lot. i keep telling her to but whenever i tell her, she is usually at work already. their cat jumped on top of the cage and the screen fell through about a month ago. she says that she doesn't have enough money to get a new one. the beardie is about 5-6 months old so it's supposed to still be having live crickets, but she barely ever feeds her them. she tries to feed her 100% vegetables and she doesn't get enough calcium and vitamins. the beardie got out about 3 weeks ago because the cage was broken, but they found her after she was gone for 2 weeks. i feel so bad because i feel like this bearded dragon will die. my mom says that if the owner agrees to it, that i can take the bearded dragon and give her a loving home but i don't think that the owner is willing to do that. and i know that she won't give her back to the pet shop because that's probably the worst thing you could do. what do you think i should do?!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's a tough situation because you don't have control so at this point I would keep making good suggestions. Perhaps pick up an outlet timer for the lights so your friend doesn't have to think about that portion of it. That will help but sounds like it's the tip of the iceberg. A young dragon will still need lots of bugs to eat and to be kept away from the cat as well. If you could take over the dragon's care that would be good but you can't forcefully take her. I would continue to try and convince your friend to let you take over her care and try to nurse her back to health.

beardedsloth

Original Poster
i talked to them before, their mom freaked out and said that she took very good care of the dragon even though that is not true. at this point, the friend told me that they don't have money for the dragon and she said that they're not sure what they're going to do. i told her that i have offered the help to take her, but if i can't take her then i'm not sure what i can do. she tried to reassure me by saying that the beardie isn't sick anymore, although i know that the beardie is still sick. i wish i could just go over there and take her. she only lets a few people take care of her, and that is me and my friend. she doesn't like to be held by certain people because her beard starts to come out. i'm worried that she will die very soon because they don't have the time and money for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom