Hello all,I'm new here nd want to introduce myself and have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzman

I want to introduce myself. My name in Jon and I live in NO and I'm a proud owner of a beardie. His name is Rex and he's about 11 months old now. My bearded is a very lazy guy. I had him since he was young and I really like owning a beardie. Never thought I would but I bit the beardie bug,lol. Anyway,I fed him the normal crickets and things amongst veggies but for the past 2 months he stopped eating his crickets and just ate his veggies. I tried buying those bags that have the crickets,mealworms and veggies combination and he refused to eat. I bought the same brand with just a veggie mix and he eats them. I have used calcium spray on both but he only eats straight veggies. Is this normal? I refuse to ask my local pet smart (only pet store near me) as they are no help as they told me it was safe to feed my cat dog treat as they are the same,lol. So I joined this forum to see what other people think. He's a happy beardie as he never bites or shows no signs of aggression. Always likes being held to. Thanx and take care

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Hello and welcome to the wonderful world of bearded dragons.
These little guys can sure worry you at times.
Could rex be a little older than you think? Actually he is close to the age when dragons shift their diets to mostly veggies so as long as he's eating, he'll be fine.
You are very fortunate that he did this on his own. Most dragons have trouble with the transition.

Fuzzman

Original Poster
Thanx for replying Gormagon. Rex mite be a little older as he was slightly bigger (not by much) then the other guys where I bought him. I choose mine as he was still a little guy but more laid back as opposed to the others that were close to the same size but very hyper,lol. I'm glad I don't have to worry now. Least I know as long as he's eating he'll be fine. Also didn't realize beardies have a hard time shifting there diets. Thanx you again for the response and letting me know he'll be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom