Greeting to All!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaBcalM

Hey Guys and Gals! Wanted to introduce myself a little. I'm a California native who, a few years ago, moved to Louisiana with my family. Yeah, talk about culture shock (I'm pretty hippy dippy, ha ha :wink: ). BUT I absolutely LOVE it here!! New Orleans holds a very special place in my heart. But anyhoozle, my Mom had a few Beardies growing up and I was immediately smitten with them. Fast forward 10 years, and I am now ready to add one to my steadily growing menagerie of animals. I currently have a wonderful Pit Bull (Mr. Brasky Bear), a rescue cat named Bahati (the Swahili word for "Lucky"), a spunky kitten we kept from the litter we fostered (yeah, we had 7 cats at one point) named Tyr (The Norse God of War and Combat), some super awesome radioactive 8) Glow Fish and some catfish. As you can see by the names, we are a pretty funky bunch, but I wouldn't have it any other way :D . So, I've been researching my butt off in the care and keeping of the mighty dragons called Beardies. I just want to be the best mama I can be, so I've joined this forum to do just that. I'm planning on building my own enclosure, maybe making my own rocks, I'm just so excited!! I'm getting everything together and tested before I actually go out and get one though, so it won't be for a little bit. I just hope I can hold out that long, ha ha. I'm thinking of keeping a kind of visual journal along the way to D(ragon) Day, and I know I will get some good advice from everyone here. Look forward to my journey with y'all. Props to everyone who made it through my rambling :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you're doing some research before picking up a new buddy. Some of the best practices for their care has changed/updated over the years. I'm sure you'll find lots of great info and ideas in the Enclosures and DIY section of the forum for building your new rig. If you have any specific questions please let us know =).

MamaBcalM

Original Poster
Thank you so much for your welcome! I am definitely doing my research, not only to see if a beardie is a good fit for me (which it is :wink: , ha ha), but also to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before going out and getting one. I am not an impulsive buyer when it comes to animals! They deserve better than that. I have been looking at the Enclosures/DIY sections, and there are so many wonderful ones out there! I'm getting a lot of great ideas. Can't wait to get started! Thanks again :D

Kelsmthom

Welcome! I hope you get everything sorted so you can buy your beardie, I've been a beardie guardian for only 3 weeks and I'm loving every minute already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom