Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan1124

92758-6847684043.jpg
92758-6847684043.jpg
We just got a cooper almost a week ago. He was born March 8th and be described as an orange tiger. He's sweet and silly and will hopefully be bffs with our golden retriever! He loves to poop outside so far, (thank goodness). But all the advice is welcome for this is our first. Still not sure on the sex. We had some trouble getting his basking temps right. But we're good now! What are some good greens for babies? (He loved a few pieces of bell pepper)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good name! My first dragon was Cooper too. Don't worry too much about veges when he's so young. Give him a salad every day and try to hand feed a bit and get him used to it as a food source but they tend to prefer bugs until they get older and their growth slows down. Chopped up squash and turnip greens and collard greens tend to be favorites. I've also had good luck with chopped bell pepper and green beans. They all have different preferences though so it takes some trial and error. If you have a roach colony, they love eating the leftover salads at the end of the day. Here's a list with some additional ideas to try out http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Allan1124

Original Poster
CooperDragon":17d0qwih said:
Good name! My first dragon was Cooper too. Don't worry too much about veges when he's so young. Give him a salad every day and try to hand feed a bit and get him used to it as a food source but they tend to prefer bugs until they get older and their growth slows down. Chopped up squash and turnip greens and collard greens tend to be favorites. I've also had good luck with chopped bell pepper and green beans. They all have different preferences though so it takes some trial and error. If you have a roach colony, they love eating the leftover salads at the end of the day. Here's a list with some additional ideas to try out http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Thank you! We plan on getting another one this summer! My husband doesn't want to hog him from the 3 kids! This site is one of the best around for advice and finding information.

Dragondan

Cooper and tide-arak look alot alike. Dose he have clear claws or are they dark7

If there close i can tell you arak is a trans hypo citrus leatherback

Allan1124

Original Poster
Dragondan":2prtk039 said:
Cooper and tide-arak look alot alike. Dose he have clear claws or are they dark7

If there close i can tell you arak is a trans hypo citrus leatherback

Our breeder said he was an orange tiger
92758-7938282378.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom