New to the Beardie Scene!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieMa

Hi Beardie Lovers!

I'm still new to the bearded dragon world, I bought my 2 babies (Viper and Houdini) at 5-6weeks old in January. I've done a lot of research and watched a lot of YouTube videos.

I have a question still though....So, I noticed that Houdini has been going to bed pretty early lately. Everything else is pretty normal, eating, pooping, exploring, cuddling. I thought maybe he's going into the brumation I heard about.

Does anyone know if there could possibly be something else going on with him? This is making me kind of worried, but my bf says I'm just over reacting. What do you guys think?

Thanx in advance for your help!

It's ok if he's going to bed a couple hours early, if he is otherwise healthy that's normal. I just want to check that they are not housed together, as it can be dangerous and cause stress.

Edit: he should be too young for brumation, so it isn't that.

BeardieMa

Original Poster
Ok thanx, good to know. Actually yes they are housed together, and for the most part they get along.

Ok, I know you maybe don't want to hear this, but they don't get along. They are solitary animals and stress each other when they are together. This can cause one to get more heat, light, and food and be very bad for the other, and that is if they don't physically attack each other, which can get pretty bad. It sounds like at least one, if not both, are males, which makes it even worse. Please don't take this as an attack as it isn't meant to be one, but please seperate them asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom